Sunday, June 3, 2012

Book 9: World War Z by Max Brooks


The book that has been reviewed a million times, I just had to know what all the fuss was about.  I’m not a huge zombie person, unless there is mockery involved like in Shaun of the Dead and Zombieland, but I enjoyed this book quite a lot.  Probably because I could see us reacting to zombies this way.

The book is complied of interviews with survivors of the zombie war from all over the globe.  It describes the start of the outbreak in China and how it spread throughout the world.  It goes into detail about the various cover-ups, profiteering, politics, doomed battles, survival strategies, victorious battles, and the cleanup after the war was won. 

As I said, I enjoyed this book, though I will probably never read it again.  I especially liked the non-military/political interviews—those sections seemed to drag.  Even the most despicable characters were fascinating, such as the man who claimed to create a vaccine for the outbreak.  Maybe I don’t have a high regard for human nature but I could see us doing everything in the book.  I guess this book just highlights how unprepared we are for anything like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment